PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. with the commitment to respect and protect your privacy and in accordance with the provisions of Law 81 of March 26, 2019 and its Regulation No. 285 of May 28, 2021, it's committed to providing appropriate treatment, always ensuring security of the data that is in our databases that correspond to Clients, Suppliers and Employees.
We inform you that the data you provide us will be incorporated and processed in the files of RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. in order to be able to provide you with our services, as well as to keep you informed on issues related to the company's activity and its products and services.
This Policy applies to the processing of your Personal Data within the framework of various services, tools, applications, websites, portals, (online) sales promotions, marketing actions, sponsored social media platforms, etc. provided or operated by us or on our behalf. As well as all your Personal Data collected by and/or on behalf of RICARDO PEREZ, S.A.
By accepting the provisions of this Policy, you agree to our processing of your Personal Data in the manner set out in this Policy.
2. TERMS AND DEFINITIONS
In this Policy, the following terms have the following meanings:
- Responsible for data processing: RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. is responsible for processing the data of natural and legal persons that are managed in our databases.
- Database's Custodian: is the person who acts in the name and on behalf of the data controller and is responsible for the custody and conservation of the database.
- Data Protection Officer: person designated by RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. and where you can direct your queries regarding this Policy and/or the Processing of your personal data.
- Personal Data: is any information concerning natural persons, which identifies them or makes them identifiable.
- Data Processing: means the collection, access and all forms of use of your Personal Data.
- Database: are a set of data that is used to collect and organize information. Databases can store information about people, products, orders, or other things.
- Data transfer: make known, disclose, communicate, exchange and/or transmit, in any form and by any means, from one point to another, intra- or extra-border, the data to natural or legal persons, other than the owner, whether determined or indeterminate.
- Data processing: any operation or complex of technical operations or procedures, automated or not, that allows collecting, storing, recording, organizing, processing, selecting, extracting, comparing, interconnecting, associating, dissociating, communicating, transferring, exchanging , transfer, transmit or cancel data, or use it in any other way.
3. RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The entity responsible for the processing of your Personal Data is: RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. with its offices located at Boulevard Costa del Este, PH Plaza del Este, Mezzanine, Panama, Republic of Panama.
4. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER. IN CASE, IF YOU HAVE QUERIES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you have any queries regarding this Policy, please contact us by emailing at: email@example.com
5. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT?
In order to facilitate contact with you, we receive, collect and maintain your Personal Data through various sources which may include, but are not limited to:
- Name, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Date of birth and gender.
- Email addresses.
- Vehicle identification number (VIN), (geo-location).
- Information necessary to facilitate the sale or other services, including family or employment information.
- Identification number or passport number, nationality and country of residence.
- Use of products and services.
- Personal Data provided through surveys or other market research methods.
- Personal Data provided to representatives of the Contact Center, Customer Service department, for the purpose of investigating and resolving issues under discussion, answering questions or providing our services.
- Information related to your payment methods for Mobility Services (Payment Method Information)
- Information about your driving style when you drive a vehicle that is the subject of the Mobility Service that we provide.
6. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only process your Personal Data for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and we will not process your Personal Data in a way that is incompatible with those purposes.
Such purpose may be the execution of a purchase or order that you have made, the provision of our services, the improvement of your visit in our websites or portals, the improvement of our products and services more generally, the offer of services or applications, communications and marketing promotions for advertising, promotional and/or statistical purposes related to the activities you carry out.
RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. likewise, said communications may refer to own benefits or advantages or those of third companies with which collaboration agreements have been signed.
Please note that, in accordance with applicable data protection law, your personal data may be processed if:
a. You have given us your consent for the purposes of data processing by accepting the privacy and personal data protection policy of RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. and you will always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
b. When it is necessary for the execution of a contractual obligation, provided that the owner of the data is a party;
c. When necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the person responsible for the data is subject.
d. When authorized by a special law or the regulations that develop it.
7. RIGHTS OF DATA OWNERS
RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. as the responsible for the treatment, it has established simple, accessible and free protocols that will allow the owner of the data to exercise their rights, which are known as ARCOP Rights, and to respond in a timely manner, while they are in the RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. database.
As data controllers, we process each request received by Clients, Suppliers and/or Employees in accordance with the time established by Law.
Definitions of ARCOP Rights:
- Access: Allows the owner to obtain their personal data that is stored or subject to processing, in addition to knowing the origin and purpose for which they have been collected.
- Rectification: If you find any mistake in your personal data or if you find them incomplete or incorrect, you can also ask us to correct or complete them.
- Cancellation: You have the right to request the deletion in the processing of your incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate personal data. (for example, while verifying the accuracy of your personal data).
- Opposition: You can also oppose the use of your personal data for unfounded and legitimate reasons, as well as revoke your consent.
- Portability: You have the right to obtain a copy of personal data in a structured manner, in a generic and commonly used format, except for the exceptions established by law, when: i) The owner has delivered his or her data directly to the person responsible, ii) It's a relevant volume of data, processed automatically, iii) The owner has given consent for the processing or it's required for the execution or fulfillment of a contract..
To request your ARCOP Rights write to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will retain your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection law for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we process your Personal Data or to comply with the law. For more information about how long certain Personal Data is likely to be retained before it's deleted from our systems and databases, please contact us by email email@example.com
9. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We have a set of security measures to protect your Personal Data, which have been designed considering our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy and the costs involved and in accordance with current industry standards and practices.
Our data security procedures include: access security, backup systems, monitoring, review, maintenance and security incident management.
Maintaining data security means protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your Personal Data:
- Confidentiality: We will protect your Personal Data from unwanted disclosure to third parties.
- Integrity: We will protect your Personal Data from being modified by unauthorized third parties.
- Availability: We will ensure that authorized parties can access your personal data when necessary.
10. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. will not disclose or provide Personal Information to any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the person to whom such Personal Information relates, unless such disclosure or provision of Personal Information is permitted by this policy, required or enforced by any law or regulation .
Depending on the purposes for which we collect your Personal Data, we may disclose it to the following categories of recipients, who will then process your Personal Data only within the framework of these purposes:
a) Within our organizations and our brand environment:
- Our authorized personnel;
- Our affiliated companies and subsidiaries;
- Members of our network of Authorized Dealers;
- Financial services;
- Insurance management;
- Mobility Service;
b) We may share information with third parties who provide services on our company's behalf to help us with our business activities. We ask such companies to always act in accordance with applicable laws and this Policy and to pay close attention to the confidentiality of your personal information.
Please note that service providers may offer products to you and collect Personal Data from you separately, through their own channels. In such case, these third parties are solely responsible for the control of such Personal Data and your dealings with them will be governed by their terms and conditions;
c) We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with the Law or in response to legal requests by government authorities or is legally necessary to protect RICARDO PEREZ,
- To verify or enforce compliance with the policies and agreements of RICARDO PEREZ, S.A.; and
- In relation to corporate transactions, in the context of a transfer, merger, consolidation or sale of all or part of the business assets of RICARDO PEREZ, S.A.
11. SPECIFIC CONTACT WITH OUR AUTHORIZED DEALERS
If you purchase a car or other product or service from one of our Authorized Dealers or share your personal information with them, you will have a separate relationship with this Authorized Dealer. In this case, this dealer becomes the person responsible for the processing of your personal data. For all questions or requests regarding the collection and use of your personal data by one of the Authorized Dealers, please contact them directly.
a) What are cookies?
Cookies are a set of data that a server deposits in the user's browser to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information on a website. That is, these are small text files that are stored on the computer's hard drive and that serve to identify the user when they connect to the website again. Its objective is to record the user's visit and save certain information. Its use is common and frequent on the web, since it allows pages to function more efficiently and achieve greater personalization and analysis of user behavior.
b) How to disable cookies?
If you don't wish to have cookies installed on your computer or mobile device, you can set your browser to notify you before receiving a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept them. You can also configure your browser to disable cookies. However, please note that if you do so, some areas of the RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. website its operation may be restricted.
c) Third party cookies
Some of cookies that you may receive when you visit the RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. website may contain links of other websites; therefore, automatically leave our page. For example, if you visit sections of the site that contain content such as videos or social media, you may receive cookies delivered from these websites.
RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. doesn't control the setting or use of these third-party cookies, so we suggest that you visit these websites to learn more about their cookies and applicable privacy policies.
RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. isn't responsible for the privacy of data collected by websites that it doesn't own or manage, even if these are linked to that of RICARDO PEREZ, S.A.
13. USE OF SOCIAL NETWORKS
If you use any of the tools of RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. or start a specific session from a social network, RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. will register your available Personal Data, means that you have explicitly permitted the communication of your Personal Data registered by RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. through said tool.
14. PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal data may be transferred to recipients who may be outside the Republic of Panama and may be processed by us and these recipients outside the Republic of Panama. In relation to any transfer of your Personal Data to countries outside the Republic of Panama, RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. will implement appropriate specific measures to ensure an adequate level of protection of your Personal Data. These measures may consist, for example, of agreeing with recipients on binding contractual clauses that ensure an adequate level of protection.
15. DATA OF MINORS
RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. will not process the data of minors, except for special activities and events in which the authorization of the parents or legal representatives of the minor is requested, and such purposes are necessary and are maintained only for the time required to fulfill the purpose of treatment.
16. PHONE RECORDINGS
For the purposes of providing a better service, carrying out adequate quality control and recording your consent or monitoring of communications, RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. will make recordings of telephone calls.
17. REVIEW AND MODIFICATIONS
RICARDO PEREZ, S.A. may modify this Policy at any time. You may also check this Policy periodically at www.toyotarp.com to inform yourself of any changes..
Update Date: October, 2023